Let’s face it, we all lead busy lives. We’re a nation eager to save time at any given opportunity – especially in the workplace.
So, we’ve selected our top 20 shortcut keys to help you on your way with saving time and increasing your productivity.
- Alt + F – File menu options in the programme you are using.
- Alt + E – Edit options in current programme.
- Alt + Tab – Switch between open programmes.
- F1 – View help information (F1 is used by almost every Microsoft Windows programme to display help).
- F2 – Rename a selected file.
- F5 – Refresh current programme window.
- Ctrl + N – Create a new or blank document in some software, or open a new tab in most internet browsers.
- Ctrl + O – Open a file in the current software.
- Ctrl + A – Select everything.
- Ctrl + B – Change selected text to be bold.
- Ctrl + I – Change selected text to be in italics.
- Ctrl + U – Change selected text to be underlines.
- Ctrl + F – Open find window for current document or window.
- Ctrl + S – Save current document file.
- Shift + Del – Cut selected item.
- Ctrl + C – Copy.
- Ctrl + V – Paste.
- Ctrl + Y – Redo last action.
- Ctrl + Z – Undo previous action.
- Alt + F4 – Close the current active programme.
For information on the services offered by Syn-Star, and how we partner with businesses to support their growth through effective I.T. and telecoms systems, get in touch with us here.